20 Sept 2012

Little Opportunities...



After a brutal 3 month stretch living in Vancouver I decided the best thing to do to keep sane and try and maintain my happiness was to come back to the UK and start again.YET again. It took alot of guts to admit this wasnt working for me but now Im back and the animation industry in the UK continues to urk and try my patience.
About the only opportunity that doesnt lack fun is to ink clean up frames for Jon K. I really cant be bothered to write today so lets sum it up with :

If you want to ink you have to first learn and understand how to draw his characters. 

So this is what Ive done today:

DAY ONE OF JON K BOOTCAMP:

 Not a bad attempt after drawing him a few times. The problem with this attempt: The eye is too curvy, the head not long enough/ too squashed, the angles in the cranium are slightly out, the eyebrows are a running theme of bad in all drawings shown and the ears.


My first attempt was the blue and the purple was directly after spending 10mins on the blue version, just to try and get the shapes right. I think theres a better 'squash' to the purple version in that left eye but all in all an unimpressive go at this 'neutral' pose. The green was rushed, can ya tell?

More tomorrow!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment