24 Sept 2012

Print-Out Or Screen-Grab?

Today was a late start after doing some baking and seeing a friend Ive not seen since I buggered off to Canada 3 months ago.  I decided maybe my progress is being stunted thanks to angular issues with my drawings so far. The head is nearly always at the wrong angle so I pondered as to whether this would be because I was drawing at a different angle to what my eyes were seeing i.e. my monitor is vertical but I am working on a flatter angle at my desk.
So I printed out a copy of some Georges and tested whether copying from something that was on the same level as my sketchbook would be beneficial or the same/ worse.

 Compared to yesterday's attempt Id say barely anything has changed, gotten better or worse.
CONCLUSION B: You just need to keep practising!

More

 Drawing in a differrent sketchbook can make all the difference. The lined paper Ive been using has a horrible tendency to go 'bobbly' after you erase a few times leaving the lines you make afterwards really thick and smudgy. The George on the right in pink wasnt far off the original and feel like Ive made some progress here

No comments:

Post a Comment